Today, two flower faces appeared on the page. They seem to understand each other. They remind me to pause and reflect on the value of those things that make our lives worthwhile. Always, these are things that are without price. Like friendship.
Because of these two little flowers I have been musing on friendship today. I would like to share 9 of my favourite quotations about friendship...
- "One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives." Euripides
- "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light". Helen Keller
- "Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." Muhammad Ali
- “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” Friedrich Nietzsche
- "Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity". Khalil Gibran
- “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” C.S. Lewis
- “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” Alice Walker
- “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” Mark Twain
- "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Marcel Proust