Welcome! Thanks for stopping by.
I like to make stuff (with paint and words). Every day… and I post it on Instagram. Eventually I put it into a collection over here.
I used to do a whole lot of Very Serious Things. But a few years ago I came to my senses and remembered that life is supposed to be fun. For me, creative expression is fun. So I create something every day.
Each day is what we make it. Creating something daily is a way of reminding myself to consciously choose the activities that fill the spaces in my day.
Painting, drawing and writing about the world around me helps me notice and appreciate the little things that make our lives wonderful.
I write about that every so often - if you want the inside scoop on that click here. (There's even a little gift for you.)
Nice to 'meet' you
If you prefer that we be a little more than just strangers on the internet here are a few random things you might want to know about me:
- I really don’t like writing bios
- I love making lists
- I am terrified of spiders
- I live in Melbourne
- I love picture books and children’s tv
- I have to resist the temptation to make all the furniture in my home cream
- I play the ukulele
- I have been an auditor, a group accountant, a university lecturer and a fitness instructor but my best job of all is being a mum
- I can’t bear liquorice – not even the smell
- I have a PhD in Financial Accounting
- I have very small feet
- the best things I have ever created are my beautiful twins
- my chocolate brownies are awesome… and gluten free
- I love watercolour, acrylic paint, mixed media and art supplies in general…
- but I think pastels are too messy and oil paint is too smelly
- I like to draw whimsical people
- art soothes me and helps me make sense of the world
So what about you?
What inspires you?
Want to tell me about it? Click here - I'd love to hear from you...